I'd like to follow up to my previous post by saying that I am truly heartbroken by the loss of Heath Ledger. In retrospect, I was never a conscious fan of his. I never talked about him a great deal, or listed him under my favorite actors, but he lit up every movie he was ever in, and I always really enjoyed watching him. I don't think I could say enough good things about his talent and who he was as a human being. I never had the pleasure of meeting him, but you could tell that he was down to earth, and didn't care to flaunt his celebrity. On top of all of that, he was a dad, who seemed to care very much about his daughter Matilda. When neighbors were interviewed by the media, they couldn't stop saying how much they would see him walking around Soho with her all the time; just simple walks around the city with his daughter. He was quoted as saying - eerily similar to Lennon saying "I don't want to die at forty" - "Being a dad changes your perspective -- I don't want to die young." It's a shame that she is going to miss out on having him around. Not only a wonderful man, but her father, a seemingly great one.
All of this makes me think deeper about life and how short it really is. Do what you love, love who you love, and more importantly, live for and love yourself no matter what. Though quite simple and true, sometimes it's a lot harder than we all realize.
I have seen so many posts - whether dryly sarcastic or flat out rude - about not caring that he's dead, and spreading rumors, or trying to say he isn't really dead, to shut up and wait until someone proves it's actually true. What is wrong with people? It makes me sick to witness the insensitivity. Grow up, and have a heart. No matter how he died, or for what reasons, it is a horrible tragedy and we lost one of the great actors and human beings of our generation.
Rest in peace, Heath. I am so sorry to see you go, and so soon.
<3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment