So, on Sunday night I went to see one of my favorite bands since the age of 7, Collective Soul, at the Nokia Theatre in Times Square. They were stunning as always, even with an ear-splitting mix. Live, on the other hand, is probably one of the worst bands I've ever seen in my entire life... and I've seen a lot of bad bands. They were the headliner, and I'll never understand why. Watching them was such a displeasure. Not only were they bad, but their lead singer insulted New York City by making a crack about having to inhale its "foul smell." He needs to go back to that tiny little town in Pennsylvania where he came from, away from us. We don't want to listen to his comments, see him unbutton his shirt, get all sweaty, and dance like a white boy while waving his hands as if he were in a Christian rock band. Especially when we have to restrain ourselves. Just... no. Notice the crowd participation for Collective Soul in the video below. Cut that in half, or less, and you'll have the reaction for Live. People were not impressed. A whole bunch actually got up and left. I've NEVER seen that happen before.
Why I love them so:
"Better Now"
On another note, I love how I waited so long to turn 18 so that I could do things like buy lottery tickets. That was 2 years ago, and I've never been asked for my ID. Even today when I look like I'm 12, hair up, walking around in a Sesame Street hoodie.
How did I not know Pete Yorn is from Jersey? I'm not sure. I love him and I had no idea he's reppin' my home state.
This is crappy quality, but for anyone interested, it'll give you a better understanding of the Criss Angel demonstration last week. Not to mention in the version that isn't shortened, you can see me behind Criss after he leans over the edge of the scaffolding and yells at the crowd below. If I had realized I was on camera, I would have done something memorable. Where he's standing is where I stood for most of it, and when you see the clip of him getting in the box, that was my view.
And this is promo for A&E:
My Dad's band is rehearsing in the basement and they're extremely loud, as always. I have so much writing to do and I can't hear myself think.
No comments:
Post a Comment